Classic Cabernet Sauvignon 2010
Grapes: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Alta Vista’s Classic Cabernet Sauvignon exhibits the true character of its grape variety. With ripe and spicy berries, this wine’s aromas and flavors provide an excellent introduction to the fresh, fruit-forward characters and overall quality of wines from Argentina. Part of the wine is aged in American oak for 6 months, prior to an additional 3 months in bottle.
In Mendoza, the 2010 vintage was unusual, with spring frosts and a summer that was dry and warm. January 2010 (summer in the southern hemisphere) was particularly warmer than previous years, which helped overall ripeness. The period of January-March was perhaps the driest summer in recent years. Similar to the summer, April was very dry and warm. The rains were insignificant during the month of April. The warm temperatures and conditions were favorable to the maturity and ripeness of the grapes.
Displays layered aromas of ripe, red fruits with black pepper and toasted oak notes before juicy red berry flavors on the palate; medium-bodied and balanced. The wine has smooth tannins and a touch of oak on the long finish.
This wine has a charming character that is perfect for every day drinking and for casual, simple foods like burgers, beef or pork BBQ and grilled chicken wraps.
GRAPES: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
ACIDITY: 5.95 g/l
AGING: Part of the wine is aged in American oak for 6 months, before 3 months in bottle.
points of distinction
- Perfect introduction to the best of Argentina.
- Great value.
- All grapes are hand-harvested.
- Fruit-forward and approachable.
- Made for everyday consumption.
about the grape +
Cabernet Sauvignon is adaptable to various growing conditions, and is known for its low yield and late ripeness. It generally produces full-bodied wines with substantial acidity and tannins.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view new Alta Vista Alto
- quick view new Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view new Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view new Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view new Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Premium Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Premium Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Alta Vista Premium Torrontés
- quick view new Alta Vista Classic Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Classic Chardonnay