Grapes: 80% Malbec 20% Cabernet Sauvignon
Alta Vista’s iconic wine, represents the benchmark among Argentine wines, crafted from the highest quality grapes from small vineyard parcels with low yields. Hand-picked grapes go through a double selection process on a sorting table. Alto is vinified in small, epoxy-lined concrete tanks which allow a gentle, precise vinification and extraction of polyphenols to produce an elegant wine. It is aged 14 months in new French oak barrels and at least 12 months in bottle.
Wine Advocate2009 vintage
In Mendoza, 2009 was a dry vintage with excellent thermal amplitude. The 2009’s vintage was characterized by fresh fruit aromas, and fine, structured tannins which provide great aging potential.
Deep ruby red color. Complex aromas of black fruit, spices and chocolate remembrances. The palate is elegant and open, with silky tannins and a long and intense finish.
As with any great wine, Alto will show at its best when served with the finest foods that are simply prepared. A filet mignon or Chateaubriand grilled medium-rare are perfect, as are lechazo, roast suckling baby lamb or grilled chuletas de cordero, lamb chops.
GRAPES: 80% Malbec 20% Cabernet Sauvignon
ACIDITY: 7.01 g/l
AGING: Malbec and Cabernet Sauvignon age separately during 14 months in new French Oak barrels.
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 2.76
points of distinction
- Produced from highest quality, selected grapes, only in the best vintages
- For Alto, yields are a minuscule 0.5 bottles per vine
- Since '02 vintage, major wine publications have never rated Alto below 92 pts.
- Made in very limited production
about the grape +
Well-made Malbec is a dark, perfumed wine with rich, blackberry and damson plum fruit, aromas of violets and tobacco, and ripe, juicy tannins. In France, may be mineral, structured and austere.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view Alta Vista Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Chardonnay
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Torrontés