Grapes: 70% Malbec and 30% Cabernet Sauvignon
Alta Vista’s iconic wine, represents the benchmark among Argentine wines, crafted from the highest quality grapes from small vineyard parcels with low yields. Hand-picked grapes go through a double selection process on a sorting table. Alto is vinified in small, epoxy-lined concrete tanks which allow a gentle, precise vinification and extraction of polyphenols to produce an elegant wine. It is aged 14 months in new French oak barrels and at least 12 months in bottle.
International Wine Cellar2007 vintage
Wine Advocate2007 vintage
In Mendoza, 2007 was unusually humid, with rainfall in December and March, followed by a long “Indian summer.” The climate conditions were relatively cool and the maturity process proceeded slowly. 2007 is a late vintage that is characterized by fresh fruit aromas, dense tannins and great ageing potential.
Shows complex black fruit aromas, with spice and chocolate notes. The flavors are concentrated, yet elegant and expressive, with silky tannins and a long, intense finish.
As with any great wine, Alto will show at its best when served with the finest foods that are simply prepared. A filet mignon or Chateaubriand grilled medium-rare are perfect, as are lechazo, roast suckling baby lamb or grilled chuletas de cordero, lamb chops.
GRAPES: 70% Malbec and 30% Cabernet Sauvignon
ACIDITY: 6.05 g/l
AGING: Aged 14 months in new French oak barrels.
points of distinction
- Produced from highest quality, selected grapes, only in the best vintages
- For Alto, yields are a minuscule 0.5 bottles per vine
- Since '02 vintage, major wine publications have never rated Alto below 92 pts.
- Made in very limited production
about the grape +
Well-made Malbec is a dark, perfumed wine with rich, blackberry and damson plum fruit, aromas of violets and tobacco, and ripe, juicy tannins. In France, may be mineral, structured and austere.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view new Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view new Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view new Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view new Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Premium Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Premium Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Alta Vista Premium Torrontés
- quick view new Alta Vista Classic Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Classic Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Alta Vista Classic Chardonnay
- quick view new Alta Vista Classic Torrontés