Falanghina Campania IGP
Rocca dei Leoni estates of Villa Matilde winery are located in the heart of Sannio Beneventano, between Caudina valley, Telesina valley and the valley of Tammaro River. They cover an area of about 30 hectares on volcanic soils rich in phosphorus and potassium: a unique terroir, sweet and sour at the same time, which gives strong notes and intense aromas. The very old vines, the rich cherry blossoms and fir trees, chestnuts, nuts and broom, contribute to the aromatic profile of wine, which is derived from 100% Falanghina clones. Vinification off the skins. After a gentle pressing, the chilled must is gravity-settled then ferments in steel at 50 - 54 °F for about 20 days. The wine ages in stainless steel for about 3 months.
The wine has a pale straw yellow color. On the nose the aromas is intense, floral and fruity, with essences of banana, tropical fruits and white peach, while the flavor conquers your mouth thanks to its sapid note, balancing the aromatic bouquet. This is a delicious Falanghina, pleasantly fresh, crisp and light-bodied.
Rocca dei Leoni Falanghina pairs perfectly with tasty fish dishes, such as prawns, spaghetti or potatoes gnocchis with mussels and clams. It combines very well with fresh pasta and tomato sauces or vegetable soup.
points of distinction
- 100% Falanghina
- Aged for 3 months in steel
- quick view new Villa Matilde Falerno del Massico Rosso DOP
- quick view new Villa Matilde Falerno del Massico Bianco DOP
- quick view new Villa Matilde Greco di Tufo DOCG
- quick view new Villa Matilde Fiano di Avellino DOCG
- quick view new Villa Matilde Aglianico Campania IGP
- quick view new Villa Matilde Taurasi DOCG