Aglianico Campania IGP
After the clusters are de- stemmed and pressed, the must is cold-macerated, then ferments for some 20 days at 20oC. The wine is then drawn off and completes the malolactic fermentation. In stainless steel, then a traditional stay in large ovals, followed by some 3 months’ bottle ageing. Rich in sandy clays, quartz sandstones, and fossil beds
Tasting Panel2016 vintage
Appearing a shimmering red with purplish highlights, this Aglianico offers intense, long-lingering impressions of spice, wild blackberries, and ripe red berryfruit. The palate is warm, full-bodied, and velvet-smooth. This full-volumed wine, modern in style, demonstrates in an appealing and convincing fashion its intimate bond with its terroir of origin.
Charcuterie, pizza and poultry dishes.
points of distinction
- 100% Aglianico
- Aged for 3 months in steel and an additional 3 months in bottle
about the grape +
Aglianico is a black grape grown in the southern regions of Italy, mostly Basilicata and Campania. The vine originated in Greece and was brought to the south of Italy by Greek settlers
Villa Matilde is an immortal wine with more than 3000 years of history. It is known to be the most prestigious and valuble wine during the Roman age and the favorite drink of the Emperors and Poets.
- quick view new Villa Matilde Falerno del Massico Rosso DOP
- quick view new Villa Matilde Falerno del Massico Bianco DOP
- quick view new Villa Matilde Greco di Tufo DOCG
- quick view new Villa Matilde Fiano di Avellino DOCG
- quick view new Villa Matilde Falanghina Campania IGP
- quick view new Villa Matilde Taurasi DOCG