Aglianico Campania IGP
After the clusters are de- stemmed and pressed, the must is cold-macerated, then ferments for some 20 days at 20oC. The wine is then drawn off and completes the malolactic fermentation. In stainless steel, then a traditional stay in large ovals, followed by some 3 months’ bottle ageing. Rich in sandy clays, quartz sandstones, and fossil beds
Appearing a shimmering red with purplish highlights, this Aglianico offers intense, long-lingering impressions of spice, wild blackberries, and ripe red berryfruit. The palate is warm, full-bodied, and velvet-smooth. This full-volumed wine, modern in style, demonstrates in an appealing and convincing fashion its intimate bond with its terroir of origin.
Charcuterie, pizza and poultry dishes.
points of distinction
- 100% Aglianico
- Aged for 3 months in steel and an additional 3 months in bottle
- quick view new Villa Matilde Falerno del Massico Rosso DOP
- quick view new Villa Matilde Falerno del Massico Bianco DOP
- quick view new Villa Matilde Greco di Tufo DOCG
- quick view new Villa Matilde Fiano di Avellino DOCG
- quick view new Villa Matilde Falanghina Campania IGP
- quick view new Villa Matilde Taurasi DOCG