/ Puy de Dôme & Méditerranée
These Pinot Noir grapes were discovered in two ideal regions of France, Puy de Dôme and Méditerranée. Both feature vines 15-40 years old in high-altitude vineyard sites near the 45th parallel. Hot days and cold nights bestow delicacy and finesse, as in Burgundy. Master Blender Jean-Pierre Rodet rejected hundreds of lots to find the perfect grapes to craft this luscious Pinot Noir. Grapes are destemmed before undergoing a cold maceration at 6-8°C (43-46°F) for 5-7 days to extract delicate fruit notes, very unusual for a non-AOC wine. Fermentation occurs in open-top barrels for a long 15-20 days, followed by malolactic fermentation and maturation in tank on light lees. This wine’s bright, fruity character is preserved by the absence of oak.
NY Wine Salon2008 vintage
Quarterly Review of Wines2008 vintage
Full of red fruit and spice, this delicious selection showcases Pinot Noir’s signature silky texture and food-friendliness. Sweet cherry fruit melds with earth and spice, balanced acidity and ripe fine tannin, giving a long, smooth finish.
Well-suited to pastas, pizza, BBQ or anything eaten en-route as you search for long-lost knowledge.
points of distinction
- Made by a 10th-generation family winery
- Pinot Noir grapes are sourced from the ideal Puy de Dôme and Méditerranée winegrowing regions, where hot days and cool nights yield delicacy and finesse
- Made with the Burgundian method, at a higher quality level than Vin de Pays
- Screw cap closure is practical, environmentally friendly and well-suited for wines meant to be enjoyed on release
- Lower Carbon Footprint: Sustainable farming, lightweight glass, and local sustainable printer
about the grape +
In France, makes a silky, deceptively powerful wine of elegant, complex aromas and subtle, red fruit flavors, with earthy, floral, mushroom and mineral notes. In California, shows ripe, sweet characters.
– Colette Bourgogne
"It only seems like magic. Skills honed from centuries of experience have crafted the smooth delight of such a wine."
- quick view new The Seeker Pinot Grigio
- quick view The Seeker Chardonnay
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view new The Seeker Riesling
- quick view new The Seeker Rosé
- quick view The Seeker Malbec
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Red Blend