/ Puy de Dôme & Méditerranée
These Pinot Noir grapes were discovered in two ideal regions of France, Puy de Dôme and Méditerranée. Both feature vines 15-40 years old in high-altitude vineyard sites near the 45th parallel. Hot days and cold nights bestow delicacy and finesse, as in Burgundy. Master Blender Jean-Pierre Rodet rejected hundreds of lots to find the perfect grapes to craft this luscious Pinot Noir. Grapes are destemmed before undergoing a cold maceration at 43 - 46°F for 5-7 days to extract delicate fruit notes, very unusual for a non-AOC wine. Fermentation occurs in open-top barrels for a long 15-20 days, followed by malolactic fermentation and maturation in tank on light lees. This wine’s bright, fruity character is preserved by the absence of oak.
New York International Wine Competition2016 vintage
Tasting Panel2016 vintage
Full of red fruit and spice, this delicious selection showcases Pinot Noir’s signature silky texture and food-friendliness. Sweet cherry fruit melds with earth and spice, balanced acidity and ripe fine tannin, giving a long, smooth finish.
Well-suited to pastas, pizza, BBQ or anything eaten en-route as you search for long-lost knowledge.
points of distinction
- Made by a 10th-generation family winery
- Pinot Noir grapes are sourced from the ideal Puy de Dôme and Méditerranée winegrowing regions, where hot days and cool nights yield delicacy and finesse
- Made with the Burgundian method, at a higher quality level than Vin de Pays
- Screw cap closure is practical, environmentally friendly and well-suited for wines meant to be enjoyed on release
- Lower Carbon Footprint: Sustainable farming, lightweight glass, and local sustainable printer
- quick view The Seeker Pinot Grigio
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Red Blend
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view The Seeker Riesling
- quick view The Seeker Chardonnay
- quick view The Seeker Rosé
- quick view The Seeker Malbec
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Cabernet Sauvignon