These grapes were discovered at altitude in some of Mendoza’s best terroirs, including the Agrelo and Vistaflores subregions. Vineyards are planted at high density in the foothills of the Andes Mountains, starting above 975 meters (3,200 feet), where the altitude and poor soil result in lower yields and a cooler climate for balanced wines. Grapes are handpicked, destemmed and manually sorted, with only perfectly ripe fruit contributing to Winemaker Didier Debono’s luscious Malbec blend. Cold maceration takes place in stainless steel tanks at 43 - 46°F for four to five days to extract aromatic precursors. Post-fermentation maceration lasts from 7 to 10 days, followed by malolactic fermentation. The wine is aged in French oak, followed by a period in bottle before release.
New York International Wine Competition2015 vintage
San Diego International Wine Competition2014 vintage
Aromas of fresh red fruit and spice dominate. On the palate, this wine is smooth and robust, with juicy, ripe black cherry flavors culminating in a lingering, spicy finish.
Perfectly matched to cured or grilled meats, game, Cajun and Indian-style foods and tinkering with creations . . . never mind the crash.
points of distinction
- Fruit discovered in high-altitude sites in Mendoza’s finest winegrowing zones
- Lower Carbon Footprint: Sustainable practices in the vineyards and winery, lightweight glass, and local sustainable printer
- Natural cork closure
- A luscious blend of Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon and Bonarda
- quick view The Seeker Pinot Grigio
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Red Blend
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view The Seeker Riesling
- quick view The Seeker Chardonnay
- quick view The Seeker Rosé
- quick view The Seeker Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Cabernet Sauvignon