/ Central Valley
These Cabernet Sauvignon grapes were discovered in choice sites in Chile’s Colchagua and Maipo Valleys, then handpicked and hand-selected. The 17-year-old vineyards are planted in clay and alluvial soils. A dry climate and proximity to the Andes produce wide day/night temperature swings, maintaining the grapes’ acidity levels while encouraging full flavor ripening. Grapes are destemmed before undergoing a cold maceration for three days to extract black fruit notes. The must is fermented at 82 to 88°F with three pumpovers per day. After a total of 15 days’ skin contact, the wine is aged in 15% new oak barrels, 50% American/50% French for 5 months.
New York International Wine Competition2017 vintage
San Francisco International Wine Competition2014 vintage
Aromas of black fruit and vanilla, loaded with flavors of ripe and juicy black fruit, combined with creamy tannins. Beautiful structure and texture framed with touches of chocolate and toffee from the oak aging. The wine will continue to develop and improve for up to five years.
A stealthy, silky wine, perfect for stewed and braised meats, grilled vegetables and righteous thievery.
points of distinction
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon handpicked and hand-selected from 17-year-old vines grown in clay and alluvial soils in the Maipo and Colchagua Valleys in Chile
- Aged 5 months in oak barrels, 50/50 French/American, 20% new
- Screw cap closure is practical, environmentally friendly and well-suited for wines meant to be enjoyed on release
- Lower Carbon Footprint: Sustainable practices in the vineyards and winery, lightweight glass, and local sustainable printer
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Red Blend
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view The Seeker Riesling
- quick view The Seeker Chardonnay
- quick view The Seeker Rosé
- quick view The Seeker Pinot Noir
- quick view The Seeker Malbec
- quick view The Seeker Pinot Grigio