Clay and sand soils as well as Tuscany’s special stony galestro limestone, combined with ideal sun exposure and a climate tempered by the Mediterranean, provide an ideal climate for the Sangiovese grape. Low yields of excellent-quality hand harvested fruit ensure a rich and concentrated result. Following hand sorting and destemming, grapes are fermented in a combination of temperature controlled and lined open-top tanks. Crognolo is aged in French Allier barriques and in bottle.
Wine Spectator2016 vintage
Intense ruby red in color with a fruity, spicy bouquet and ripe cherry and berries on the palate.
Delicious with full-flavored meats, game and roasts.
points of distinction
- A Super Tuscan–style wine made from approximately 80% Sangiovese
- Matured for 12 to 18 months in French oak
about the grape +
Merlot makes plump, succulent wines to drink young or opulently massive wines for aging. Has silky, blackberry and currant fruit, with spice, earth, tobacco and chocolate notes, and soft tannins.
Sangiovese has aromas of black cherries with alluring wood, smoke, tar and herbal notes. The best wines made from this grape have incredible complexity, depth, finesse and power.
– Antonio Moretti, Owner
“This is the place where I was born. A lovely valley protected from northern winds . . . an area that offers great wines . . .”
- quick view Tenuta Sette Ponti Vigna dell’Impero Valdarno di Sopra DOC
- quick view Tenuta Sette Ponti Poggio al Lupo Maremma IGT
- quick view Tenuta Sette Ponti Oreno Toscana IGT
- quick view new Tenuta Sette Ponti Contrada Santo Spirito Animardente Etna DOC
- quick view new Tenuta Sette Ponti Contrada Santo Spirito Animalucente Etna DOC