Chianti Classico Gran Selezione DOCG
Made of the grapes from the best vineyards on the Nozzole estate, located in the town of Greve in Chianti. Altitude about 300 meters above sea level. Planting density 3,000 - 5,000 vines per hectare. Production per hectare on average 2 tons of grapes. In the winery, it goes thru fermentation by maceration and pump-overs in stainless steel vats at a controlled temperature of 82 Fahrenheit for a duration of 20 days. Aged 24 months in seasoned Slavonian oak barrels and in the bottle a minimum 6 months.
Wine Spectator2015 vintage
Ripe fruits and sweet aromatic notes of spices are prevalent to the nose, with the lightest hint of mint. It is generously soft to the palate, it ends by tannins of finest class.
At “Villa di Nozzole” they like to serve wine with handmade tagliatelle and white truffle from San Miniato.
points of distinction
- Awarded Gran Selezione by tasting panel, made from 100% Sangiovese
- Limited production signed by Giovanni Folonari
about the grape +
Sangiovese has aromas of black cherries with alluring wood, smoke, tar and herbal notes. The best wines made from this grape have incredible complexity, depth, finesse and power.
On land that has supported winegrapes for seven centuries, Tenuta di Nozzole produces wines that respect both tradition and innovation.
- quick view Tenuta di Nozzole Il Pareto Toscana IGT
- quick view Tenuta di Nozzole La Forra Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG
- quick view Tenuta di Nozzole Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG
- quick view Tenuta di Nozzole Villa Nozzole Chianti Classico DOCG
- quick view Tenuta di Nozzole Le Bruniche Chardonnay Toscana IGT