1967 Single Harvest Tawny
/ Douro Valley Porto
Grapes: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Francesa, Tinto Cão, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Barroca
Taylor Fladgate holds one of the most extensive reserves of very old cask aged Port of any producer. They include a collection of rare Single Harvest Ports. These are Ports from a single year which age to full maturity in seasoned oak casks and display the year of harvest on the label. Taylor Fladgate has decided to make a limited release, each year, of a Single Harvest Port made 50 years previously. The 1967 Single Harvest is the third in the series. The Taylor Fladgate Single Harvest Port is presented in the classic frosted bottle associated with Taylor Fladgates celebrated range of Aged Tawny Ports and will be presented in a high quality wooden box.
Winter rainfall, from October to March was 13.69 inches which was slightly less than the average. It was quite a wet Spring with 2.54 inches of rain in May which prejudiced the flowering slightly and the berry set was affected. July, August and September were hot with almost no rain falling. The vintage started on September 26th and the weather remained good throughout.
Wine & Spirits
Delicate tawny brown color with a broad amber rim displaying olive highlights. A complex symphony of aromas on the nose, with notes of apricot, sawn wood and tobacco, scents of orange flower and honeysuckle, all on a rich mellow base of toffee, marzipan and almond. Dense, concentrated, velvety palate lifted by a crisp acidity, with a confit of apricot, guave and raisin, flavors of butterscotch and a hint of caramelized orange. A wonderfully opulent and complex wine with a lovely youthful freshness.
Figs, almonds, pecorino, apple pie, Comté cheese, Cornish game hens, pecan pie or even crème brulee.
GRAPES: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Francesa, Tinto Cão, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Barroca
ACIDITY: 5.1 g/l
AGING: 50 years in neutral oak
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 163 g/l
points of distinction
- Taylor Fladgate holds one of the largest stocks of fine cask aged wine of any Port house
- Taylor Fladgate is the leading brand in the aged Tawny market
- A remarkable opportunity to experience a wine from half a century ago
- Perfect for 50th anniversaries or birthdays
about the grape +
Tempranillo makes dark wines that are lush and seductive, with intense aromas and flavors of black cherry, raspberry and currant, with plum and tobacco notes. Lighter wines show complex red fruits.
Used to make Port wines, this high yielding grape has very high sugar content, which makes wines with pronounced floral character, good structure and firm, ripe tannins.
This grape has blackberry, game and meaty aromas, and contributes longevity and exceptional elegance to the blend of Port wines.
Tinta Roriz produces deep-colored grapes of moderate acidity which make bold wines with firm tannins, excellent complexity and distinctive resin-like fragrance.
This grape has high tannins and is very aromatic; it lends structure and balance to Port wines. It shows intense fresh red fruit, earth and flower aromas, and is very fruity on the palate.
Touriga Nacional produces wine with finesse, body and warmth that is dark, concentrated, massively tannic and aromatic. It ages to show the complex aromas typically found in mature vintage port.
– Adrian Bridge, Managing Director
"A 50th birthday or anniversary is a landmark occasion. Taylor Fladgate Single Harvest Ports offer a unique opportunity to celebrate with an extraordinary 50 year old wine in perfect condition"
- quick view Taylor Fladgate 1863 Single Harvest Tawny
- quick view Taylor Fladgate 1966 Single Harvest Tawny
- quick view Taylor Fladgate 1965 Single Harvest Tawny
- quick view Taylor Fladgate 1964 Single Harvest Tawny
- quick view Taylor Fladgate First Estate Reserve Porto
- quick view Taylor Fladgate Late Bottled Vintage Porto
- quick view Taylor Fladgate 10 Year Old Tawny Porto
- quick view Taylor Fladgate 20 Year Old Tawny Porto
- quick view Taylor Fladgate 30 Year Old Tawny Porto
- quick view Taylor Fladgate 40 Year Old Tawny Porto
- quick view Taylor Fladgate Fine Ruby
- quick view Taylor Fladgate Fine Tawny
- quick view Taylor Fladgate Classic Vintage Porto
- quick view Taylor Fladgate Quinta de Vargellas Vintage Porto
- quick view Taylor Fladgate Quinta de Vargellas Vinha Velha Vintage Porto
- quick view Taylor Fladgate Scion