Sonoma County Sauvignon Blanc
/ Sonoma County
Fruit for this refreshing wine comes from top growers in Sonoma County, an area renowned for producing high quality Sauvignon Blanc. Cool mornings and warm afternoons produce fruit with classic Sauvignon Blanc characteristics and pronounced flavors.
To retain the bright flavors and crisp acidity of this varietal, the grapes were picked at dawn and arrived at the winery cold. The grapes were pressed and a majority of the juice was sent directly to stainless steel tank while a small portion went to barrel for fermentation. The wine was fermented slowly at 55º for 21 days, preserving the wonderful aromas of Sauvignon Blanc. We prevented malolactic fermentation to preserve the wine’s clean, crisp texture. It was then aged for five months before bottling.
San Francisco International Wine Competition2015 vintage
San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition2014 vintage
Sonoma County Sauvignon Blanc captures crisp flavors and aromas of citrus, kiwi and mango with a touch of lime.
Excellent as an aperitif or paired with salads, sushi, seafood and fresh, young cheeses.
points of distinction
- A pure and classic Sonoma County Sauvignon Blanc
- Slow, cool fermentation without malolatic fermentation result in a fresh, highly aromatic fruit profile
- Versatile as an aperitif or with a variety of seafood and light meats
vineyard details +
Sonoma County extends over 60,000 acres of vineyards and includes 15 unique AVAs, including Sonoma Coast, Sonoma Mountain, Sonoma Valley, Alexander Valley, Bennett Valley, Carneros, Chalk Hill, Dry Creek Valley, Green Valley, Knights Valley, Rockpile and Russian River Valley. More than 50 grape varieties are planted in vineyards owned by over 750 growers and 260 wineries. Maritime-influenced conditions make this area notably cooler than Napa, further inland, and a multitude of beneficial soil types make Sonoma County a prime area for high quality wine growing.
about the grape +
Sauvignon Blanc has vivid, assertive aromas and flavors of gooseberries, citrus, herbs framed by tangy acidity. Oak contact adds tropical fruit, vanilla, lanolin and toast notes.
– Chris Louton, Winemaker
Sonoma wines express themselves differently than wines from Napa. They have their own unique brightness and great intensity
- quick view new St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Pinot Noir
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Chardonnay
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Old Vines Zinfandel
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma Valley Merlot
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Claret
- quick view new St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Reserve Merlot
- quick view new St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Reserve Zinfandel
- quick view new St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon