Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon
/ Sonoma County
The grapes for the Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon originate from four different appellations within Sonoma County. These carefully selected vineyards contribute individual qualities to the finished wine. For this thick-skinned and late-ripening variety, harvest often occurs from late October through November. All grapes are hand harvested, gently destemmed and crushed, then undergo fermentation separately by variety in temperature-controlled tanks. After both primary and malolactic fermentation are complete, the wines are each racked to their own barrel lot. Then the blend is made and the wine matures in bottle prior to release.
San Francisco International Wine Competition2013 vintage
Classic aromas and flavors of ripe black currant, spicy tobacco and cedar are accompanied by full body and firm structure.
An excellent companion to aged blue cheese, beef, roast pork and venison.
points of distinction
- A rich, full-bodied California Cabernet
- Matured for 18 months in oak barrels for a complex flavor
vineyard details +
Sonoma County extends over 60,000 acres of vineyards and includes 15 unique AVAs, including Sonoma Coast, Sonoma Mountain, Sonoma Valley, Alexander Valley, Bennett Valley, Carneros, Chalk Hill, Dry Creek Valley, Green Valley, Knights Valley, Rockpile and Russian River Valley. More than 50 grape varieties are planted in vineyards owned by over 750 growers and 260 wineries. Maritime-influenced conditions make this area notably cooler than Napa, further inland, and a multitude of beneficial soil types make Sonoma County a prime area for high quality wine growing.
about the grape +
Cabernet Sauvignon is adaptable to various growing conditions, and is known for its low yield and late ripeness. It generally produces full-bodied wines with substantial acidity and tannins.
– Katie Madigan, Winemaker
“This is a rich and velvety Cabernet Sauvignon meant to be sipped slowly and enjoyed immensely.”
- quick view new St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Pinot Noir
- quick view new St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Chardonnay
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Old Vines Zinfandel
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma Valley Merlot
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Claret
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Reserve Merlot
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Reserve Zinfandel
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon