Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
/ Alexander Valley
Alexander Valley is the source for the Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, where the grapes are grown at high elevations on sloped hillsides with good drainage. This naturally puts an element of stress on the vines which creates small clusters, small berries and intensified flavors. The grapes were hand-sorted and underwent a five-day cold soak prior to fermentation to extract optimal color and flavor. After a long and slow fermentation, the wine was allowed to remain on its skins for an additional eight days to build structure and integrate tannins. The wine is then aged in 100% French oak barrels, where it underwent malolactic fermentation, followed by 20 months of aging.
Sommelier Journal2014 vintage
Wine Advocate2014 vintage
This is a rich Cabernet with deep, layered aromas and concentrated flavors of dark cherry, plum, cocoa bean and dried sage. Firmly structured with dusty tannins and a long, lingering finish.
Excellent with Blue Cheese, Wild Mushrooms and Ribeye Steak
points of distinction
- Aged in 75% new French oak barrels, for 20 months
about the grape +
Cabernet Sauvignon is adaptable to various growing conditions, and is known for its low yield and late ripeness. It generally produces full-bodied wines with substantial acidity and tannins.
– Chris Louton, Winemaker
“An excellent expression of mountain Cabernet from Alexander Valley, this wine showcases great concentration of color, dark fruit aromas and a rich texture that reflects the vineyard from which the fruit is grown. Situated high above the fog line along the Western slopes of the Mayacamas Mountains, this Cabernet develops at a slow, steady pace which allows for full development of aromas, flavors while creating balanced acidities.”
- quick view new St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Pinot Noir
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Chardonnay
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Old Vines Zinfandel
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma Valley Merlot
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Claret
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Reserve Merlot
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Reserve Zinfandel