Junmai Ginjo Nigori “Winter Warrior”
The Tomita Brewery is one of Japan’s oldest breweries; it was founded in the 1540s and is now managed by the 15th generation president. Tomita is also one of the smallest sake producers, making just over 6,000 cases a year.
This small-production nigori or “unfiltered sake” bursts with notes of pineapple, papaya and coconut. It is bright and lively with a fresh and robust mouthfeel.
Before serving, gently shake the bottle to properly mix the sediments with the sake. Serve well-chilled. Enjoy with a range of food like a cheeseburger with fries, spicy Asian cuisine and even creamy chocolate desserts.
Serve chilled with spicy Asian foods, especially curries, fatty grilled steak or hamburgers, or chocolate desserts.
Grade: Junmai Ginjo
Rice: Tamazakae & Ginfubuki
Yeast: Association #1401
points of distinction
- This junmai ginjo nigori is rich and full with abundant tropical fruit notes.
Shichi Hon Yari is named after the seven spearsmen who became legends at the battle of Shizugatake fought just outside the town of Kinomoto in 1583.
- quick view new Shichi Hon Yari Sake Junmai “The Seven Spearsmen”
- quick view new Shichi Hon Yari Sake Shizuku Junmai Daiginjo “Silent Samurai”
- quick view new Shichi Hon Yari Sake Junmai Namazake Spring Seasonal “Fresh Katana”
- quick view new Shichi Hon Yari Sake Junmai Hiyaoroshi Fall Seasonal “Autumn Assassin”