Junmai Ginjo Nigori “Winter Warrior”
This namazake, or unpasteurized sake, is a seasonal sake only available in the winter immediately after fermentation completes. With 16 generations of history, Tomita Brewery brews using old school and traditional methods. They use locally grown indigenous Tamazakae rice, and are blessed with natural spring water from the nearby Ibuki mountains, which is perfect for brewing. Every step of the process is done by hand by 1 toji and 3 kurabito, or brewery workers.
A robust nigori with bright and lively notes of pineapple, papaya, and coconut.
Serve chilled with spicy Asian foods, especially curries, fatty grilled steak or hamburgers, or chocolate desserts.
Grade: Junmai Ginjo
Yeast: Association #1401
points of distinction
- This junmai ginjo nigori is rich and full with abundant tropical fruit notes.
Shichi Hon Yari is named after the seven spearsmen who became legends at the battle of Shizugatake fought just outside the town of Kinomoto in 1583.
- quick view new Shichi Hon Yari Sake Junmai “The Seven Spearsmen”
- quick view new Shichi Hon Yari Sake Shizuku Junmai Daiginjo “Silent Samurai”
- quick view new Shichi Hon Yari Sake Junmai Namazake Spring Seasonal “Fresh Katana”
- quick view new Shichi Hon Yari Sake Junmai Hiyaoroshi Fall Seasonal “Autumn Assassin”