Twins Red Blend
/ Colchagua Valley
The vineyards are located in the Colchagua Valley. Their soils are derived from granite in differing stages of decomposition, with extensive areas with moderate depths of red clay, and little organic matter. This type of soils has stones at depth and alluvial sediments, which provides limited capacity for moisture retention.
The 2016 vintage of Twins Red Blend returns with its distinctive Colchaguan character that intermingles the best of each of the four excellent varieties grown in the valley. Its habitual cherry-red color with violet nuances announces that this is an intense and attractive wine. Its nose is perfumed with elegant aromas of ripe black fruit recalling fig and blackcurrant, typical of the Cabernet Sauvignon from this area.
points of distinction
- Combines 4 of the varieties that have given the greatest satisfaction each year
- Cabernet Sauvignon gives it structure, complexity and aromas of ripe black fruit
- The Tempranillo contributes freshness and juiciness
- The Carmenère lends smooth, round tannins for a lightly sweetened sensation
about the grape +
Cabernet Sauvignon is adaptable to various growing conditions, and is known for its low yield and late ripeness. It generally produces full-bodied wines with substantial acidity and tannins.
Carmenère has spicy red berry aromas and black plum flavors, with a pronounced leafy and green bell pepper edge, and notes of grilled meat and coffee.
Syrah has seductively dense, rich, chewy black berry aromas and flavors, with notes of tar, wood smoke, bacon, leather, chocolate, and sometimes violets. The tannins are firm yet elegant.
Tempranillo makes dark wines that are lush and seductive, with intense aromas and flavors of black cherry, raspberry and currant, with plum and tobacco notes. Lighter wines show complex red fruits.
- quick view new Montes Classic Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Montes Classic Malbec
- quick view new Montes Classic Merlot
- quick view new Montes Classic Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view new Montes Classic Chardonnay
- quick view new Montes Cabernet Sauvignon-Carmenère
- quick view new Montes Limited Selection Pinot Noir
- quick view new Montes Limited Selection Carmenère
- quick view new Montes Limited Selection Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view new Montes Alpha Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Montes Alpha Malbec
- quick view new Montes Alpha Syrah
- quick view new Montes Alpha Pinot Noir
- quick view new Montes Alpha Carmenère
- quick view new Montes Alpha Chardonnay
- quick view new Montes Alpha Merlot
- quick view new Montes Alpha M
- quick view new Montes Folly
- quick view new Montes Purple Angel
- quick view new Montes Taita