/ Colchagua Valley
The vineyards destined for our Purple Angel are located in the Marchigüe and Apalta sectors of the Colchagua Valley. The soils are of granitic origin and vary in their clay content, amount of organic matter, depth, and especially in the types of stones of fluvial and glacial origin, which reflects the tremendous diversity of soils in our vineyards.
Wine Advocate2014 vintage
Impressive d ep purplish-red in color. The nose presents its habitual elegance with outstanding aromas of ripe red and black berries over a backdrop of sweet spices. Dark chocolate and mocha notes from aging in French oak combine very well with the variety’s characteristic fruity aromas, resulting in a wine with tremendous aromatic complexity that continues to open with layer after layer of new and delicious sensations. The palate is well structured with soft, ample tannins. Acidity from the Petit Verdot lends juiciness and central nerve, qualities that predict excellent evolution and exceptional aging potential. The remarkable finish is elegant and very much in accordance with the nose.
Highly recommended with red meats, lamb chops with rosemary, pork ribs, and cannelloni.
points of distinction
- Recognised as the best Chilean Carmenère, described as a “wine from another planet”
- Variety only reappeared in 1993, after it was thought to be extinct for 200 years
- Aged in new French oak barrels for 18 months
- Well-structured and soft on the palate, with ample tannins
- Vineyards in Apalta, Colchagua Valley
about the grape +
Carmenère has spicy red berry aromas and black plum flavors, with a pronounced leafy and green bell pepper edge, and notes of grilled meat and coffee.
- quick view new Montes Classic Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Montes Classic Malbec
- quick view new Montes Classic Merlot
- quick view new Montes Classic Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view new Montes Classic Chardonnay
- quick view new Montes Cabernet Sauvignon-Carmenère
- quick view new Montes Limited Selection Pinot Noir
- quick view new Montes Limited Selection Carmenère
- quick view new Montes Limited Selection Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view new Montes Twins Red Blend
- quick view new Montes Alpha Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Montes Alpha Malbec
- quick view new Montes Alpha Syrah
- quick view new Montes Alpha Pinot Noir
- quick view new Montes Alpha Carmenère
- quick view new Montes Alpha Chardonnay
- quick view new Montes Alpha Merlot
- quick view new Montes Alpha M
- quick view new Montes Folly
- quick view new Montes Taita