Limited Selection Pinot Noir
/ Aconcagua Valley
The vineyards that produce the grapes for our Montes Limited Selection Pinot Noir are located in the Casablanca, Leyda and Zapallar Valleys, all of which can be found in the Aconcagua Wine Region. The grapes were handpicked into 22 – 26 lbs trays during the very early hours of the morning to keep the temperatures low and protect the aromas. Upon arriving at the winery, the bunches were carefully selected, destemmed, and submitted to a second selection of the berries. The grapes were gently dropped directly into open-top stainless steel tanks, where the whole berries underwent a 5-day pre-fermentation maceration at 45º F to very gently extract color and aromas.
Very lively rub red in color with an expressive nose featuring aromas of tart cherries and fresh strawberries over a floral b ckdrop with notes of rose petals and wild herbs. Vanilla and caramel aromas blend with those characteristic of the variety. The palate is well balanced with rich natural acidity that makes this a fresh and juicy wine. Its perfectly rounded tannins lend good structure and a sweet sensation that is very characteristic of our Limited Selection Pinot Noir. It has medium volume and good persistence with an elegant and very fruity finish.
Highly recommended with fettuccine Alfredo, mild, cream soups (mushroom, chicken), veal cutlets, salmon, Camembert cheese, and mushroom risotto.
points of distinction
- Premium wine recognised for being seductive, voluptuous, smooth and satisfying.
- Aged for 6-7 months in French oak barrels and stainless steel.
- Well balanced on the palate with rich natural acidity making it fresh and juicy.
- Vineyards located in Casablanca, Leyda and Zapallar Valleys, Aconcagua Wine Region.
about the grape +
In France, makes a silky, deceptively powerful wine of elegant, complex aromas and subtle, red fruit flavors, with earthy, floral, mushroom and mineral notes. In California, shows ripe, sweet characters.
- quick view new Montes Classic Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Montes Classic Malbec
- quick view new Montes Classic Merlot
- quick view new Montes Classic Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view new Montes Classic Chardonnay
- quick view new Montes Cabernet Sauvignon-Carmenère
- quick view new Montes Limited Selection Carmenère
- quick view new Montes Limited Selection Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view new Montes Twins Red Blend
- quick view new Montes Alpha Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Montes Alpha Malbec
- quick view new Montes Alpha Syrah
- quick view new Montes Alpha Pinot Noir
- quick view new Montes Alpha Carmenère
- quick view new Montes Alpha Chardonnay
- quick view new Montes Alpha Merlot
- quick view new Montes Alpha M
- quick view new Montes Folly
- quick view new Montes Purple Angel
- quick view new Montes Taita