Limited Selection Carmenère
/ Colchagua Valley
The vineyards that give rise to Montes Limited Selection Carmenère are located in two very representative zones of the Colchagua Valley: Apalta and Marchigüe. Apalta is very heterogeneous, with areas that are very much influenced by the Tinguiririca River with sectors influenced by mudslides and material that breaks off from high above in the mountains. The soils tend to be deep on the plain and thinner at the foot of the mountain and higher areas. Carmenère vines are best suited to the flatter areas, where the soils are deeper. Marchigüe is flatter with low hills and moderate slopes. The soils are shallow—in some cases no more than 60 cm deep—with moderate clay content and a high capacity for water retention. The vineyards are located in flat areas with no slopes whatsoever.
Deep carmine red with a violet hue, this wine generously offers complex aromas and intensity. Predominantly made up of ripe red and black fruit with touches of sweet spices, mingled with toasted French oak along and notes of vanilla and chocolate. A well-balanced structure that is very smooth and persistent on the palate.
Highly recommended with mushroom or tomato risotto, lomo saltado (Peruvian stir-fried beef), oven-roasted pork ribs, and pastas.
points of distinction
- Variety only reappeared in 1993, after it was thought to be extinct for 200 years.
- Premium wine recognised for being seductive, voluptuous, smooth and satisfying.
- 50% aged in 2nd and 3rd use French oak barrels for 10 months.
- Voluptuous and well balanced on the palate with round tannins.
- Vineyards located in Apalta and Marchigüe, Apalta.
about the grape +
Carmenère has spicy red berry aromas and black plum flavors, with a pronounced leafy and green bell pepper edge, and notes of grilled meat and coffee.
- quick view new Montes Classic Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Montes Classic Malbec
- quick view new Montes Classic Merlot
- quick view new Montes Classic Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view new Montes Classic Chardonnay
- quick view new Montes Cabernet Sauvignon-Carmenère
- quick view new Montes Limited Selection Pinot Noir
- quick view new Montes Limited Selection Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view new Montes Twins Red Blend
- quick view new Montes Alpha Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Montes Alpha Malbec
- quick view new Montes Alpha Syrah
- quick view new Montes Alpha Pinot Noir
- quick view new Montes Alpha Carmenère
- quick view new Montes Alpha Chardonnay
- quick view new Montes Alpha Merlot
- quick view new Montes Alpha M
- quick view new Montes Folly
- quick view new Montes Purple Angel
- quick view new Montes Taita