/ Colchagua Valley
Montes Limited Selection Cabernet Sauvignon-Carmenère originates from the two very representative wine regions in the Colchagua Valley, Apalta and Marchigüe. Apalta is very heterogeneous, with some zones that are very much affected by the Tinguiririca River and others influenced by alluvions and material that breaks off from high above in the mountains. The soils tend to be deep on the plain and shallower at the foot of the mountain and higher areas. The Cabernet Sauvignon vineyards are planted at the foot of the mountain with slopes that are not very steep but that do have shallow soils with highly variable textures. The Carmenère vineyards are best suited to the flatter areas, where the soils are deeper and have moderate moisture retention. Marchigüe has flatter lands and low hills with moderate slopes. The soils are rather shallow, and in some cases are no more than 60 cm deep with moderate clay content and a high capacity for water retention. The Cabernet Sauvignon and Carmenère vineyards are located in flat areas with no slopes whatsoever.
A bright and intense purplish-ruby red color with an expressive, perfumed nose which offers fresh aromas of red and black fruits, along with spicy notes of red peppers and nutmeg leading to tobacco, dark chocolate, and coffee. Very well balanced on the palate, with rich acidity that turns fresh and juicy. The tannins are perfectly rounded and lend structure and volume. A sweet sensation increases toward the mid-palate, which lends way to a long finish that is very much in accordance with the nose.
Highly recommended with stir-fried beef, pork chops, spaghetti with Bolognese sauce, and lamb chops with Cabernet-mushroom sauce.
points of distinction
- Premium wine recognised for being seductive, voluptuous, smooth and satisfying.
- 47% aged in oak barrels for 10 months.
- Vineyards located in Apalta and Marchigüe, Colchagua Valley.
- Generous palate with rounded tannins. Elegant and juicy with persistence.
about the grape +
Cabernet Sauvignon is adaptable to various growing conditions, and is known for its low yield and late ripeness. It generally produces full-bodied wines with substantial acidity and tannins.
- quick view new Montes Classic Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Montes Classic Malbec
- quick view new Montes Classic Merlot
- quick view new Montes Classic Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view new Montes Classic Chardonnay
- quick view new Montes Limited Selection Pinot Noir
- quick view new Montes Limited Selection Carmenère
- quick view new Montes Limited Selection Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view new Montes Twins Red Blend
- quick view new Montes Alpha Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Montes Alpha Malbec
- quick view new Montes Alpha Syrah
- quick view new Montes Alpha Pinot Noir
- quick view new Montes Alpha Carmenère
- quick view new Montes Alpha Chardonnay
- quick view new Montes Alpha Merlot
- quick view new Montes Alpha M
- quick view new Montes Folly
- quick view new Montes Purple Angel
- quick view new Montes Taita