/ Colchagua Valley
Montes Alpha Syrah was made with selected grapes from the vineyards in the Colchagua Valley irrigated according to the Water Saving Winegrowing system that Aurelio Montes and his team developed over the course of years of research. This system allows Montes to determine the precise amount of water it need to add to the vineyards after the winter rains, especially in particularly dry years when irrigation is indispensible. This has enabled Montes to reduce irrigation water by 65% while simultaneously improving the quality of the fruit.
Wine Enthusiast2013 vintage
Deep ruby-red in color with violet nuances and a very expressive, aromatic nose with outstanding aromas of ripe black fruits such as blackberries and figs. Aromas of crème de cassis meld with mild notes of leather and dark chocolate, which are very characteristic of Syrah from Colchagua. The palate is well balanced with rich acidity, incredibly smooth tannins, tremendous structure, and generous volume. This Syrah announces from the first sip that this is a wine to drink now—or in several years. Its finish is long, complex, and very much in accordance with the nose.
Highly recommended with red meats, stir-fried beef, pork chops, spaghetti with Bolognese sauce, and lamb chops.
points of distinction
- Pioneered the way for all premium wines in Chile, remains #1 in the niche
- Awarded ‘Top Scoring’ and ‘Best Value’ by the influential, Wine Spectator magazine
- 55% aged in 1st, 2nd and 3rd-use French oak barrels for 12 months.
- Well balanced on the palate with rich acidity, smooth tannins, tremendous structure and volume.
- Vineyards located in Apalta and Marchigüe, Colchagua Valley
about the grape +
Syrah has seductively dense, rich, chewy black berry aromas and flavors, with notes of tar, wood smoke, bacon, leather, chocolate, and sometimes violets. The tannins are firm yet elegant.
- quick view new Montes Classic Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Montes Classic Malbec
- quick view new Montes Classic Merlot
- quick view new Montes Classic Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view new Montes Classic Chardonnay
- quick view new Montes Cabernet Sauvignon-Carmenère
- quick view new Montes Limited Selection Pinot Noir
- quick view new Montes Limited Selection Carmenère
- quick view new Montes Limited Selection Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view new Montes Twins Red Blend
- quick view new Montes Alpha Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Montes Alpha Malbec
- quick view new Montes Alpha Pinot Noir
- quick view new Montes Alpha Carmenère
- quick view new Montes Alpha Chardonnay
- quick view new Montes Alpha Merlot
- quick view new Montes Alpha M
- quick view new Montes Folly
- quick view new Montes Purple Angel
- quick view new Montes Taita