/ Colchagua Valley
Montes Alpha M is the result of an extremely limited production and a rigorous selection of the grapes, one by one, led by Aurelio Montes. Coming from the Colchagua Valley, it is one of the best and most awarded wines of Chile. The vineyards that give rise to Montes Alpha M are located in the Apalta zone of the Colchagua Valley. The soils are of granitic origin and are shallow in the upper, mountainous sectors. They vary in the clay content, depth, amount of organic matter, and especially the types of rocks and stones they are made up of. The soils origin can also range from fluvial to glacial, which shows the great diversity of soils in our vineyards. Some zones are influenced by the Tinguiririca River and others by mudslides and the detachment of material from high above in the mountain chain that delimits the valley.
Wine Enthusiast2013 vintage
The nose presents a wide range of intense yet elegant aromas such as ripe red berries, crème de cassis, sweet spices, and candied fruit. Its time in French oak delivers notes of tobacco and vanilla, perfectly balancing the intensity of the fruit and the oak. The palate offers flavors of caramel and yogurt and heightens the notes of berries. This is a well-balanced and very vibrant wine with polished tannins and a very long finish.
Highly recommended with roast turkey, beef fillet, sherried kidneys, duck confit.
points of distinction
- Extremely limited production where grapes are hand selected one by one.
- Only released if head winemaker, Aurelio Montes approves the quality.
- Originating from Colchagua Valley, one of the best and most awarded Chilean wines.
- Aged in new French oak barrels for 18 months.
- Smooth but structured on the palate, with silky tannins.
about the grape +
Cabernet Sauvignon is adaptable to various growing conditions, and is known for its low yield and late ripeness. It generally produces full-bodied wines with substantial acidity and tannins.
- quick view new Montes Classic Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Montes Classic Malbec
- quick view new Montes Classic Merlot
- quick view new Montes Classic Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view new Montes Classic Chardonnay
- quick view new Montes Cabernet Sauvignon-Carmenère
- quick view new Montes Limited Selection Pinot Noir
- quick view new Montes Limited Selection Carmenère
- quick view new Montes Limited Selection Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view new Montes Twins Red Blend
- quick view new Montes Alpha Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Montes Alpha Malbec
- quick view new Montes Alpha Syrah
- quick view new Montes Alpha Pinot Noir
- quick view new Montes Alpha Carmenère
- quick view new Montes Alpha Chardonnay
- quick view new Montes Alpha Merlot
- quick view new Montes Folly
- quick view new Montes Purple Angel
- quick view new Montes Taita