/ Colchagua Valley
Montes Alpha Carmenère was made with selected grapes from our vineyards in the Colchagua Valley irrigated according to the Water Saving Winegrowing system that Aurelio Montes and his team developed over the course of years of research. This system allows us to determine the precise amount of water we need to add to the vineyards after the winter rains, especially in particularly dry years when irrigation is indispensible. This has enabled us to reduce irrigation water by 65% while simultaneously improving the quality of the fruit.
Wine Spectator2013 vintage
Deep purplish-red in color. The intense nose offers pleasing notes of ripe black and red fruits such as blackberries, figs, and dried plums. Spicy notes of nutmeg and black pepper lie over a backdrop of tobacco and leather with a subtle balsamic aroma that envelops aromas of pastry and dark chocolate. The palate is well balanced, lush, and structured, while soft tannins lend the wine a sweet sensation that opens way to a long and very elegant finish.
Highly recommended with red meats, stir-fried beef and vegetables, pork chops, spaghetti with Bolognese sauce, lamb chops, and mushroom ravioli.
points of distinction
- Pioneered the way for all premium wines in Chile, remains #1 in the niche
- Awarded ‘Top Scoring’ and ‘Best Value’ by the influential, Wine Spectator magazine
- 55% aged in 1st, 2nd and 3rd use French oak barrels for 12 months
- Well balanced and structures with soft tannins
- Variety only reappeared in 1993, after it was thought to be extinct for 200 years
about the grape +
Carmenère has spicy red berry aromas and black plum flavors, with a pronounced leafy and green bell pepper edge, and notes of grilled meat and coffee.
- quick view new Montes Classic Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Montes Classic Malbec
- quick view new Montes Classic Merlot
- quick view new Montes Classic Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view new Montes Classic Chardonnay
- quick view new Montes Cabernet Sauvignon-Carmenère
- quick view new Montes Limited Selection Pinot Noir
- quick view new Montes Limited Selection Carmenère
- quick view new Montes Limited Selection Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view new Montes Twins Red Blend
- quick view new Montes Alpha Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Montes Alpha Malbec
- quick view new Montes Alpha Syrah
- quick view new Montes Alpha Pinot Noir
- quick view new Montes Alpha Chardonnay
- quick view new Montes Alpha Merlot
- quick view new Montes Alpha M
- quick view new Montes Folly
- quick view new Montes Purple Angel
- quick view new Montes Taita