/ Barbera d'Asti
Michele Chiarlo sources grapes from strictly selected Barbera vineyards with excellent exposure to produce a superb, balanced wine. The choice vineyards are in the southern area of Asti province, especially the hills around Nizza Monferrato. Temperature controlled maceration and fermentation on the skins yields the dark, rich color that is typical of great Barberas. The wine is aged in large French oak casks before release.
Wine Spectator2009 vintage
Wine Spectator2008 vintage
Medium bodied and robust with rich, ripe fruit on the nose and an elegant palate.
Pairs well with chicken, mushrooms, pork and grilled or roasted red meats.
points of distinction
- A classic Barbera from choice terroir
- Matured for 8 months in large oak casks for greater complexity
about the grape +
With relatively high acidity with low tannins, Barbera’s tart red berry aromas and flavors have spicy, herbal notes. Styles range from light quaffers to dense, concentrated wines for aging.
– Michele Chiarlo, Winemaker
“My aim has always been but one: quality.”
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Cerequio Barolo DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Cannubi Barolo DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo La Court Barbera d'Asti Superiore Nizza DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Tortoniano Barolo DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Reyna Barbaresco DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Le Madri Roero Arneis DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Le Marne Gavi DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Nivole Moscato d'Asti DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Grappa di Moscato
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Grappa di Gavi
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Grappa di Nebbiolo