/ Barbera d'Asti
The 55-acre Tenuta Aluffi is one of the most prestigious estates in the southern part of Asti, near the town of Nizza Monferrato, a choice area for exceptional-quality Barbera. Within Aluffi is the La Court estate, with excellent soils of magnesium-rich calcareous marl and a beneficial south-southwest exposure. This jewel of vineyard land receives the fastidious attention of the Chiarlo family so that its old vines produce extraordinary grapes. Following fermentation in large oak casks, the wine is aged in oak barrels.
Wine Review Online2012 vintage
Wine Spectator2012 vintage
Shows aromas and flavors of spice, ripe black plum, black cherry and dark chocolate. The wine has coiled, tangy acidity and a velvety texture.
Pairs well with red meat, game and tomato-based dishes.
points of distinction
- A classic single vineyard Barbera from choice terroir
- Matured for 12 months in oak casks for greater complexity
about the grape +
With relatively high acidity with low tannins, Barbera’s tart red berry aromas and flavors have spicy, herbal notes. Styles range from light quaffers to dense, concentrated wines for aging.
– Michele Chiarlo, Winemaker
“My aim has always been but one: quality.”
- quick view new Michele Chiarlo Il Principe Langhe Nebbiolo DOC
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Cerequio Barolo DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Cannubi Barolo DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Tortoniano Barolo DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Reyna Barbaresco DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Le Orme Barbera d'Asti Superiore DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Le Madri Roero Arneis DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Le Marne Gavi DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Nivole Moscato d'Asti DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Grappa di Moscato
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Grappa di Barolo
- quick view new Michele Chiarlo Palás Grappa di Barbera
- quick view new Michele Chiarlo Palás Grappa di Moscato
- quick view new Michele Chiarlo Palás Grappa di Nebbiolo da Barolo