Daphne Malvasia Secco DOC
/ Emilia Romagna
/ Reggio Emilia
AVAILABLE MARKETS - California, Massachusetts, New York, and Texas
Daphne secco is a sparkling dry white wine made using natural fermentation. 100% Malvasia grape, coming from the prestigious Tenuta La Rampata vineyard in Reggio Emilia province. Grown on Cordone Speronato (cordon trained spur pruned) vines in clay soil and with restricted yields. The wine is best served at a temperature of 50 degrees Fahrenheit and should be consumed within two years of vintage.
Pale yellow in color, the wine has an aromatic and intense boquet. Dry, yet delicate, fresh and lively.
An excellent pairing to Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, spaghetti with clams and vegetarian pasta dishes.
points of distinction
- 5th generation, family owned
- Grown on cordon-trained, spur pruned vines in soil
- Made using natural fermentation
about the grape +
Vinified dry, Malvasia has spicy aromas, full body, and broad, peachy fruit, with notes of musk, almond and acidity. In sweet wines, the nutty, grape skin qualities are intensified.
– Otello Venturelli, Winemaker
In perfect harmony with an area that maintains strong, solid links with its superb food and wine traditions, the Medici family takes the utmost care to ensure that only the very finest grapes are selected before being turned into first-class wine using the most modern technologies available.
- quick view Medici Ermete Concerto Reggiano Lambrusco DOC
- quick view Medici Ermete Solo Reggiano Rosso DOC
- quick view Medici Ermete Quercioli Secco Reggiano Lambrusco DOC
- quick view Medici Ermete Quercioli Dolce Reggiano Lambrusco DOC
- quick view new Medici Ermete Phermento Lambrusco di Modena Secco DOP