The Latin root for the word ‘Modello’ is modus, the same as the Italian word for fashion, ‘moda.’ Masi’s vineyards are the finest hillside terroirs in the Veneto. Fruit comes from selected foothill vineyards, particularly the Stra’ del Milione estate at Castions di Strada, Friuli, with varied soil types, mainly calcareous sediments on basalt and clay. The grapes are a proprietary Masi blend of local grapes Refosco, Raboso and other varieties. Each variety is harvested separately; the Raboso is picked slightly later. Typically, controlled-temperature fermentation is performed the end of October in stainless steel tanks with selected yeasts and skin contact from 15-20 days, depending on the grape. The wine completes malolactic fermentation. A portion of the wine is aged in large Slavonian oak botti and partly in small Allier oak barrels, followed by a period in bottle.
Blue Lifestyle2016 vintage
Ultimate Wine Challenge2015 vintage
This bright, ruby-red wine exhibits the characteristic ripe cherry aromas of Corvina, with spice notes. With lively, fruity, well-integrated plum and cherry flavors, the wine shows vibrant acidity and good length. This easy-to-drink wine has a dry finish.
This versatile wine pairs with many dishes, including soups, pasta and risottos, and it compliments both simple and substantial red-meat dishes, or with fresh cheeses.
points of distinction
- The Latin root for the word Modello is modus, the same as the Italian word for fashion (‘moda’).
- Modello delle Venezie is an innovative wine with the unmistakable style of the Veneto, crafted from native grapes, traditional winemaking methods and Masi’s exceptional vineyards.
- Grapes are a proprietary Masi blend of local grapes Refosco, Raboso and others.
“Masi wines must have a recognizable character, a unique style, and be approachable and pleasant to drink.” – RAFFAELE BOSCAINI, GENERAL COORDINATOR OF MASI TECHNICAL GROUP
- quick view Masi Agricola Campolongo di Torbe Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Mazzano Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Riserva di Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Serego Alighieri Vaio Armaron Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view new Masi Agricola Rosa dei Masi
- quick view Masi Agricola Masianco Pinot Grigio e Verduzzo delle Venezie IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Campofiorin Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Brolo Campofiorin Oro Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Tupungato Passo Doble Rosso di Argentina
- quick view Masi Agricola Bonacosta Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Bianco delle Venezie IGT