The Latin root for the word ‘Modello’ is modus, the same as the Italian word for fashion, ‘moda.’ Masi’s vineyards are the finest hillside terroirs in the Veneto. Fruit comes from selected foothill vineyards, particularly the Stra’ del Milione estate at Castions di Strada, Friuli, with varied soil types, mainly calcareous sediments on basalt and clay. The grapes are Pinot Grigio and other local varieties. Each variety is harvested separately and vinified off the skins in stainless steel tanks with selected yeasts at controlled temperature. There is no malolactic fermentation to preserve freshness and crisp fruit characters. The wine is aged in stainless steel tanks, with a portion of Pinot Grigio aged in oak barrels. After final assemblage, the wine is aged one month in bottle.
This pale-yellow has faint green traces. With floral, fresh and inviting aromas, the wine’s peach, tropical fruit and grapefruit flavors are crisp and bracing, with bright acidity, structure, and a long finish.
A perfect aperitif, this also pairs with rice and pasta in delicate sauces, Mediterranean cuisine, white meats, poultry and vegetarian dishes.
points of distinction
- Pinot Grigio, the only historic Italian grape known internationally, gives this wine its character.
- Gains complexity and regional identity from the other local grapes in the blend.
- The Latin root for the word Modello is modus, the same as the Italian word for fashion (‘moda’).
- Modello delle Venezie is an innovative wine with the unmistakable style of the Veneto, crafted from native grapes, traditional winemaking methods and Masi’s exceptional vineyards.
about the grape +
This grape makes fresh, crisp, charming wines with apple, pear, almond and acacia flower aromas and clean, stone fruit flavors, or creamy, honeyed wines with spice, blossom and mineral aromas.
“Masi wines must have a recognizable character, a unique style, and be approachable and pleasant to drink.” – RAFFAELE BOSCAINI, GENERAL COORDINATOR OF MASI TECHNICAL GROUP
- quick view Masi Agricola Campolongo di Torbe Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Mazzano Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Riserva di Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Serego Alighieri Vaio Armaron Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view new Masi Agricola Rosa dei Masi
- quick view Masi Agricola Masianco Pinot Grigio e Verduzzo delle Venezie DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Campofiorin Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Brolo Campofiorin Oro Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Masi Agricola Tupungato Passo Doble Rosso di Argentina
- quick view Masi Agricola Bonacosta Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Rosso delle Venezie IGT