Masi’s most up-to-date Italian white is also the estate’s white “Supervenetian,” a wine of great personality. Masianco Pinot Grigio delle Venezie blends the elegant, fruity and rich aromas of this grape, cultivated in Friuli, with the structure, poise and body of the native Verduzzo, picked slightly over-ripe and mature. Pinot Grigio comes from the Castions di Strada vineyard, with sedimentary soil of loose clay and gravel. Together with the moderate climate, good temperature variation, sea breezes, and cold winds (the Bora), these are ideal conditions to cultivate these two indigenous grapes. Each variety is harvested and vinified separately; Pinot Grigio is picked end of August, vinified immediately to enhance fresh aromas, with partial malolactic. Verduzzo is harvested end of September, then further ripened on racks for a few weeks to enhance concentration. After short cryomaceration, the Verduzzo is fermented in stainless steel tanks and transferred to barriques where it completes malolactic.
New York International Wine Competition2016 vintage
This straw-yellow wine shows attractive, tropical fruit aromas. Fresh and charming palate flavors gain weight and become full on the mid-palate, where fruitiness blends with traces of honey. A dry finish has a citrus twist.
An ideal aperitif, this wine is perfect with hors d’oeuvres, fish, and white meats. This medium-bodied white has great personality, well-suited to modern cuisine.
points of distinction
- Masianco is Masi's white "Supervenetian"
- Like its famous red counterpart Campofiorin, Masianco emphasizes excellent terroir, character of local grapes and original winemaking methods.
- Masianco easily pairs well with casual and modern cuisine: hors d’oeuvres, fish and grilled white meats.
about the grape +
This grape makes fresh, crisp, charming wines with apple, pear, almond and acacia flower aromas and clean, stone fruit flavors, or creamy, honeyed wines with spice, blossom and mineral aromas.
“Masi wines must have a recognizable character, a unique style, and be approachable and pleasant to drink.” – RAFFAELE BOSCAINI, GENERAL COORDINATOR OF MASI TECHNICAL GROUP
- quick view Masi Agricola Campolongo di Torbe Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Mazzano Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Riserva di Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Serego Alighieri Vaio Armaron Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view new Masi Agricola Rosa dei Masi
- quick view Masi Agricola Campofiorin Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Brolo Campofiorin Oro Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Masi Agricola Tupungato Passo Doble Rosso di Argentina
- quick view Masi Agricola Bonacosta Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Rosso delle Venezie IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Bianco delle Venezie IGT