Campofiorin is the original “Supervenetian,” made with Masi’s double fermentation technique. A specialty wine, this red is made from local Veronese grapes Corvina, Rondinella and Molinara vinified and then re-fermented with a small percentage of semi-dried grapes of the same varieties. Vineyards in the valleys of the Veronese hills have similar conditions to the original “Campofiorin” vineyard in Marano di Valpolicella, with very deep alluvial and eocenic limestone soil. Fermented wine from fresh grapes is re-fermented with 25% of whole grapes semi-dried (for about 6 weeks) of the same varieties. After fermentation, malolactic begins immediately. The wine is aged in wood, 2/3 in Slavonian oak botti of 90 hl, 1/3 in Allier and Slavonian barrels of 600 liters, new, and a period in bottle.
Wine Advocate2015 vintage
Blue Lifestyle2016 vintage
With an intense, ruby-red color and violet traces, the wine shows generous, ripe aromas of plum and cherry jam, with hints of spice. Bold and rich flavors of bitter cherries and berry fruits stand out on the palate, with good acidity, balance and velvety tannins.
This very versatile wine is perfect with many different foods, including pasta with rich meat- or mushroom-based sauces, grilled or roasted red meats, game and mature cheeses.
points of distinction
- Can age 15-20 years.
- The orginal "Supervenetian."
- Masi’s double fermentation process enriches the wine’s color, extract, softly elegant tannins and alcohol, and brings new aromas and flavors.
- Campofiorin was created in 1964 using what Hugh Johnson termed an “ingenious technique,” Masi's original interpretation of the ancient Veronese “refermentation" method.
about the grape +
Corvina has bright, relatively delicate cherry fruit flavors, with high acidity and pronounced aromas of cherry, bitter almond and spice.
“Masi wines must have a recognizable character, a unique style, and be approachable and pleasant to drink.” – RAFFAELE BOSCAINI, GENERAL COORDINATOR OF MASI TECHNICAL GROUP
- quick view Masi Agricola Campolongo di Torbe Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Mazzano Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Riserva di Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Serego Alighieri Vaio Armaron Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view new Masi Agricola Rosa dei Masi
- quick view Masi Agricola Masianco Pinot Grigio delle Venezie DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Brolo Campofiorin Oro Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Masi Agricola Tupungato Passo Doble Rosso di Argentina
- quick view Masi Agricola Bonacosta Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Rosso delle Venezie IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Bianco delle Venezie IGT