‘Brolo’ is equivalent to the French ‘clos,’ a walled vineyard. This special selection of Campofiorin expresses the individual style of local Veronese varieties (particularly Corvina) and the original methods of appasimento and Masi’s double fermentation. This dry, rich, velvety, complex and elegant wine is aged in small oak barrels. Brolo di Campofiorin vineyards are located in Valgatara di Marano, in the heart of Valpolicella Classico, where grapes for the original Campofiorin are grown, with very deep alluvial soil on eocenic limestone. Like Campofiorin, this wine is produced using Masi’s double fermentation system. Wine from fresh grapes undergoes temperature-controlled fermentation with selected yeasts. The end of November, the wine is re-fermented, with 30% of semi-dried Corvina grapes. Malolactic follows fermentation. The wine is aged in 600-liter ‘fusti veronesi’: Allier and Slavonian oak barrels, before a period in bottle.
Wine Spectator2011 vintage
This wine shows rich, fragrant, ripe aromas of plums, with cherry compote, cinnamon and clove notes. Soft, full-bodied flavors blend weight and elegance with bright acidity, juicy fruit, and soft, well-rounded tannins. There are baked fruit, sweet spice, coffee and bitter chocolate notes before the very long finish.
This uncommonly flexible wine pairs perfectly with many different kinds of food: pasta with rich sauces (meat- or mushroom-based), grilled or roasted red meats,
game and cheese.
points of distinction
- Campofiorin and Ripasso are proprietary to Masi.
- Masi’s double fermentation process enriches the wine’s color, extract, softly elegant tannins and alcohol, and brings new aromas and flavors.
- This wine can age up to 20 years.
- ‘Brolo’ is equivalent to the French ‘clos,’ a walled vineyard.
- Special selection of Campofiorin expressing the individual style of local Veronese varieties, notably Corvina, with original methods of Appassimento and Masi’s double fermentation.
about the grape +
Corvina has bright, relatively delicate cherry fruit flavors, with high acidity and pronounced aromas of cherry, bitter almond and spice.
“Masi wines must have a recognizable character, a unique style, and be approachable and pleasant to drink.” – RAFFAELE BOSCAINI, GENERAL COORDINATOR OF MASI TECHNICAL GROUP
- quick view Masi Agricola Campolongo di Torbe Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Mazzano Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Riserva di Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Serego Alighieri Vaio Armaron Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view new Masi Agricola Rosa dei Masi
- quick view Masi Agricola Masianco Pinot Grigio e Verduzzo delle Venezie IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Campofiorin Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Tupungato Passo Doble Rosso di Argentina
- quick view Masi Agricola Bonacosta Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Rosso delle Venezie IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Bianco delle Venezie IGT