Lucano Anniversario Limoncello comes from the enchanting peninsula of Sorrento. It is made exclusively with PGI Lemons of Sorrento, which are considered the best and most aromatic lemons available in the world. This Limoncello is a 100% natural liqueur and does not contain any food colorings or preservatives.
The “PGI” in PGI Lemons of Sorrento stands for Protected Geographical Indication. To receive this special designation, an entire product must be traditionally produced within a specific region and demonstrate certain unique and special properties. The characteristics of PGI Lemons of Sorrento include:
- Grown in Sorrento Peninsula
- Elliptical in shape with a minimum weight of 3 ounces
- Medium-thick peel
- Over 50% gold/yellow hue
- Rich in essential oils and very fragrant
- Straw-colored yellow pulp
- Elevated acidity, rich in Vitamin C and mineral salts
The quality standards for both the PGI Lemons of Sorrento and the Limoncello produced from them are the responsibility of the Consortium for the Protection of PGI Lemon of Sorrento. Only a limited number of Limoncello brands are made under the strict quality control of the Consortium.
Lucano Anniversario Limoncello is produced at a dedicated facility in Vico Equense, a coastal town located near Naples in Southern Italy. All the lemons are harvested between January and March and then peeled to obtain the zest. Lemon zest not used for production is immediately vacuum-packed and stored at - 7°F to retain freshness throughout the year. The zest is placed in an alcohol infusion for one week to release the aroma. The alcohol used is a neutral spirit made from molasses. Every day the infusion is stirred and liquid is drawn from the lower part of the tank to be remixed at the surface. At the end of the week, water and sugar are added to the infusion. The mixture is carefully checked for quality before bottling.
Every bottle contains 300 grams (approximately 11 ounces) of PGI Lemons of Sorrento per Liter. This is 20% more than required by the strict guidelines of the Consortium.
A natural infusion using the highest quality PGI Lemons of Sorrento provides a unique lemon flavor of unmatched quality.
points of distinction
- Made using the zest of the finest quality PGI Lemons of Sorrento
- The strict quality of Anniversario Limoncello is monitored by the Consortium for the Protection of PGI Lemon of Sorrento
- Every bottle contains 300 grams (approximately 11 ounces) of PGI Lemons of Sorrento per Liter, which is 20% more than required by the strict guidelines of the Consortium
- A 100% natural liqueur, without any food colorings or preservatives
- Gluten Free
- Imported from Italy
Lucano Anniversario Limoncello is made exclusively with PGI Lemons of Sorrento, considered the best available in the world. It is a 100% natural liqueur that contains no food colorings or preservatives. Quality is strictly regulated by the Consortium for the Protection of PGI Lemons of Sorrento.