Crème de Cassis de Dijon
Founded in 1845 and located in Dijon, France, L’Héritier-Guyot is one of the oldest producers of crème de cassis and remains the undisputed top estate-produced liqueur brand in France. Guyot owns 40 acres of cassis orchards in the renowned Côte d’Or bordering Vougeot, home of some of the most highly acclaimed Burgundy wines. This land is also perfectly suited to the cultivation of black currants and allows Guyot to enjoy continuity of supply while maintaining quality standards that are second to none. The chalky clay soils along the western edge of the Côte d’Or yield preciously low quantities of exceptionally aromatic, highly concentrated, rich black currants. This crème de cassis is excellent as a digestif, or used to enhance countless refreshing apéritifs.
Download Signature Cocktail Recipeview pdf »
Signature Cocktail: Kir Royale
- 1 ounce L’Heritier-Guyot Crème de Cassis
- 5 ounces Domaine Carneros Brut or other dry sparkling wine
Pour the crème de cassis in a Champagne flute, then top up with Domaine Carneros Brut.
This crème de cassis has a full, ripe-fruit and richly aromatic bouquet. The sweetness is mouthwatering rather than cloying; a perfect foil to the bitter-spice bite of the currants.
points of distinction
- Made from orchards in the Côte d’Or, home to some of the most highly acclaimed wines in the world
- More than 13 pounds of fruit are used to produce each bottle.
- Production is completely natural from start to finish; no fruit juice additives, colorings or flavorings of any kind are permitted.
- Naturally, black currants contain seven times more vitamin C than oranges and double the amount of antioxidants found in blueberries.
Naturally, black currants contain seven times more vitamin C than oranges and double the amount of antioxidants found in blueberries.