Siroco Extra Dry
/ Douro Valley Porto
Grapes: Malvasia Fina, Malvasia Rei
White Porto was first introduced by Taylor, Fladgate & Yeatman in the 1930s. It is produced from grapes grown in the Douro Valley. The winemaking is very similar to that of red Porto, although white Porto is fermented longer before brandy is added to stop the fermentation, leaving less residual sugar for a drier style of wine. Siroco is fermented half on the skins and half off, with no pumping-over, to minimize oxidation. The wine is then transferred to large wooden vats for four years of maturation.
Daily Sip - BottlenotesN/A vintage
Four Seasons MagazineN/A vintage
Pale straw gold in color, the wine is lightly sweet with a vibrant acidity and round, velvety texture. White fruit aromas and flavors are offset by light oak notes.
Customarily served chilled as an aperitif, on the rocks or with tonic or sparkling water.
GRAPES: Malvasia Fina, Malvasia Rei
ACIDITY: 4.2 g/l
AGING: 4 years in neutral oak
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 27 g/l
points of distinction
- A dry-style white Porto perfect for aperitifs
- Matured for four years in oak vats to allow flavors to develop
- Introduced in the 1930s by Taylor, Fladgate & Yeatman
about the grape +
Vinified dry, Malvasia has spicy aromas, full body, and broad, peachy fruit, with notes of musk, almond and acidity. In sweet wines, the nutty, grape skin qualities are intensified.
– David Guimaraens, Winemaker
“My team and I strive to bring the very best performance out of our vineyards by careful nurturing of the vines, combined with the very best winemaking techniques available.”
- quick view Fonseca BIN 27 Porto
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Fonseca Terra Bella Organic Reserve Porto
- quick view Fonseca Late Bottled Vintage Porto (Unfiltered)
- quick view Fonseca 10 Year Old Tawny Porto
- quick view Fonseca 20 Year Old Tawny Porto
- quick view Fonseca 40 Year Old Tawny Porto
- quick view Fonseca Fine Ruby
- quick view Fonseca Fine Tawny
- quick view Fonseca Classic Vintage Porto
- quick view Fonseca Quinta do Panascal Vintage Porto