Twenty- to 30-year-old vines are planted to south-facing vineyards 80 meters above sea level in volcanic soil with white sand and chalk deposits. The fruit is handpicked and the skins are gently broken. Fermentation is in stainless steel tanks and lined vats with regular punching down. A first blending of lots takes place when the wine is placed in barrique; a second at the first racking. The wines are then bottled with minimum intervention.
Gambero Rosso2017 vintage
Offers aromas and flavors of dark and sour red cherries, spearmint, spice and oak. A velvety palate of lush, concentrated fruit balanced by a fine acidic underpinning and ripe, sweet tannins ends in a long finish.
A superb match for full-flavored meats and game.
points of distinction
- A robust and luxurious Sicilian Nero d’Avola from the founder of Tenuta Sette Ponti in Tuscany
- Matured 12 to 14 months in French oak for greater complexity
about the grape +
Nero d’Avola produces deep-colored wines that have wild cherry and plum, dark chocolate and earthy aromas and flavors, good minerality and acidity, and a high level of tannins.
Feudo Maccari was painstakingly assembled from numerous owners and more than 50 separate plots on the southerly hillsides near the town of Noto.
- quick view Feudo Maccari Rosé IGP
- quick view Feudo Maccari Mahâris Sicilia DOC
- quick view Feudo Maccari Neré Nero d’Avola IGP
- quick view Feudo Maccari Olli Grillo IGP
- quick view new Feudo Maccari Contrada Santo Spirito Animardente Etna DOC
- quick view new Feudo Maccari Contrada Santo Spirito Animalucente Etna DOC