Neré Nero d’Avola DOP
Alberello trained (bush trained) vines are 12-34 years old, and have been planted with a southern exposure at 250 feet elevation, about one mile from the sea. Grape yields are low (about 2.5 tons/acre) to encourage concentration and complexity in the wine. In the spring, the vines are pruned to one bud per plant, and in June/July, a green harvest is performed to eliminate lesser grapes. Twenty days prior to harvest, the vines go through an additional cluster thinning, or a selection of the best grapes in the bunch.
Wine & Spirits2017 vintage
Tasting Panel2017 vintage
With a dark red ruby color, this wine shows expressive red berry aromas with herbal and fruity notes. On the palate, the flavors are structured and given balance by bright, cleansing acidity, a characteristic of Nero d'Avola grown in this area.
This wine pairs well with grilled red meats and BBQ.
points of distinction
- Carefully pruned vines and the best selection of grapes highlight the distinct characteristics of the indigenous Nero d’Avola in the region for which it’s best suited.
- This flavorful, zesty wine is easy to drink and shows a charming, “fruit forward” character with a juicy mouthfeel.
- Aged in steel tank to preserve the wine’s fresh, crisp, fruity characteristics.
about the grape +
Nero d’Avola produces deep-colored wines that have wild cherry and plum, dark chocolate and earthy aromas and flavors, good minerality and acidity, and a high level of tannins.
– Antonio Moretti, Owner
“A land of extreme sensations, perfumes, colors, extreme light and tastes, all at their maximum expression.”
- quick view Feudo Maccari Rosé di Nere IGP
- quick view Feudo Maccari Mahâris Sicilia DOP
- quick view Feudo Maccari Saia Sicilia DOP
- quick view Feudo Maccari Olli Grillo DOP
- quick view new Feudo Maccari Contrada Santo Spirito Animardente Etna DOC
- quick view new Feudo Maccari Contrada Santo Spirito Animalucente Etna DOC