Les Perrières is 2.5 acres in size and is situated on the 'back side of the rock' with a sloping southeastern exposure just above the Le Clos parcel. The soil, which is derived from alluvial deposits, consists of a mix of deep silt and clay containing few stones. The subsoil features streaks of limestone and limestone marls, while the top layers, which are moderate in depth, are littered with stones on the surface. The vines have an average age of 35 years old. The wine is fermented in oak barrels before further barrel maturation, a part of it on lees.
Wine Advocate2015 vintage
This Pouilly-Fuissé opens with creamy honeysuckle on the nose. A generous mouthfeel complements a nice ripeness and intense richness with notes of gingerbread and flowers. The wine is ample, smooth and well balanced, with a vivid, spicy finish. With age, it will gain in richness and fully reveal itself.
Chicken prepared with Thai spices, gratin of scallops with a curried sauce, veal with vanilla and sultanas, and rich, creamy cow's milk cheeses.
points of distinction
- Vines averaging 35 years old
- Tête de Cru and Cuvée Hors-Classe are precursors to new, higher classification (Premier Cru) sites within the appellation currently under consideration by INAO
- Flavors will deepen as the wine ages
vineyard details +
The 1-hectare les Perrières vineyard lies just above the Le Clos parcel, halfway up the slope. Les Perrières faces southeast and is somewhat steeper than Le Clos. The vines are an average of 35 years old. The soil is derived from alluvial deposits and consists of deep silt and clay. The top layers, which are moderate in depth, are littered with stones on the surface (calcite and flint) over a meter-thick layer of limestone marl, and the subsoil features streaks of limestone and limestone marl.
about the grape +
Though it has a distinctive profile, Chardonnay reflects other factors such as soil composition and vinification technique. Chardonnay is a reliable, hardy and prolific vine whose only real vulnerabilities are frost and uneven development of fruit.
– Audrey Braccini, Winemaker
“Wine is the most beautiful and noble form of expression.”
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Tête de Cru Le Clos
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Les Ménétrières
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Tournant de Pouilly
- quick view new Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Clos des Prouges