Situated between the winery building and Fuissé’s old church, the Le Clos parcel is 1.65 acres, and one of few parcels to enjoy an exposure to the east. Half of its vines are 20 years old, while the other half are at least 40 years of age. They grow on a thin topsoil covering limestone and shale. The wine is fermented in oak barrels and sees significant barrel maturation, a part of it on the lees.
Wine & Spirits2015 vintage
This is a powerful yet elegant wine that offers refined flavors of fresh almonds, apricots, yellow fruits and minerals. Overall it is vivacious and balanced, with an exceptional, intense finish.
Grilled or poached fish in a cream sauce, lobster, crayfish, turkey, poultry and soft, creamy cheeses.
points of distinction
- Refined potency will allow wine to age many years
- Old vines aged 20 and over 40 years old
- Tête de Cru and Cuvée Hors-Classe are precursors to new classification (Premier Cru) sites within appellation currently under consideration by INAO
vineyard details +
The east-facing parcel of vines known as Le Clos is a monopole on .69 hectares of land that runs between the Domaine Ferret property and the village church, abutting the property's house. Half the vines are about 20 years old and the other half are at least 40. The soil is derived from alluvial deposits and consists of deep silt and clay with a subsoil streaked with limestone and limestone marl.
about the grape +
Though it has a distinctive profile, Chardonnay reflects other factors such as soil composition and vinification technique. Chardonnay is a reliable, hardy and prolific vine whose only real vulnerabilities are frost and uneven development of fruit.
– Audrey Braccini, Winemaker
“Wine is the most beautiful and noble form of expression.”
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Tête de Cru Les Perrières
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Les Ménétrières
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Tournant de Pouilly
- quick view new Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Clos des Prouges