Pouilly-Fuissé Clos des Prouges
This Clos is located in the heart of Fuissé. A 5 acre vineyard on a soft slope with east orientation, the soil contains limestone marls. A third of the vines were planted in 2006, a third in 1986 and a third in 1956. Fermentation and ageing took place in barrels: a third in new barrels, a third in one year old barrel and a third in 2 years old barrels over 9 months. Ageing is then finished in stainless steel tanks on lies over a 5 month span.
View From The Cellar2016 vintage
Wine Enthusiast2016 vintage
Velvety and expressive, this Clos des Prouges develops aromas of fern and oak moss. It is rich in style, a characteristic of Fuissé wines. It has a remarkable mouth feel and roundness, an overall fleshy and juicy wine. Great ageing potential.
Veal chop with a tangy sauce, puff pastries, goat cheese and all varieties of cow's milk cheese.
points of distinction
- All vines are at least 20 years old with the oldest being over 60 years old
- Great ageing potential
- Tête de Cru and Cuvée Hors-Classe are precursors to new, higher classification (Premier Cru) sites within the appellation currently under consideration by INAO
about the grape +
Though it has a distinctive profile, Chardonnay reflects other factors such as soil composition and vinification technique. Chardonnay is a reliable, hardy and prolific vine whose only real vulnerabilities are frost and uneven development of fruit.
– Audrey Braccini, Winemaker
“Wine is the most beautiful and noble form of expression.”
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Tête de Cru Le Clos
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Tête de Cru Les Perrières
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Les Ménétrières
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Tournant de Pouilly