Pouilly-Fuissé Autour de la Roche
Autour de la Roche is a blend of only the best terroirs surrounding the Roche de Vergisson. With an excellent south-southeast exposure, 10-35 year old vines are planted in calcareous (limestone) clay soil which imparts finesse, complexity and volume to the wine. For the classic Pouilly-Fuisse, fermentation takes place half in enameled tanks and half in oak barrels, which adds oxygen and complexity. No new oak is used and the barrels are 2-5 years old to ensure as pure an expressions of the terroir as possible.
Wine Enthusiast2016 vintage
Wine Spectator2016 vintage
This was has a nose that is both racy and complex. The mouth is luscious and fleshy with a persistent finish.
Ideal with all simply-prepared seafood items, fresh oysters, or sashimi.
points of distinction
- Moderate aging potential
- Provides an expressive contrast to the more opulent Tête de Cru and Cuvee Hors-Classe wines
- The cuvee Autour de la Roche celebrates the two geologic landmarks of the appellation, Vergisson and Solutre.
about the grape +
Though it has a distinctive profile, Chardonnay reflects other factors such as soil composition and vinification technique. Chardonnay is a reliable, hardy and prolific vine whose only real vulnerabilities are frost and uneven development of fruit.
– Audrey Braccini, Winemaker
“Wine is the most beautiful and noble form of expression.”
- quick view new Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Clos des Prouges
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Tête de Cru Le Clos
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Tête de Cru Les Perrières
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Les Ménétrières
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Tournant de Pouilly