The Pouilly-Fuissé is a blend of only the best vineyard parcels with ten to thirty five-year-old vines from the Fuissé amphitheater and soils composed of limestone and clay. Each parcel was vinified separately to ensure the finest expression of the fruit. Half the wine was fermented in enameled tanks and half in two to four-year-old oak barrels. The wine was aged for ten months on lees in French oak barrels, not new, from Tronçais, Vosges and Nevers stave wood.
Wine Enthusiast2016 vintage
Subtle notes include minerals, yellow fruits, flowers, fresh hazelnuts and spices, with an intense finish. The perfect equilibrium of this wine allows it to retain its vibrancy with age.
Shellfish and mollusks, seafood risotto, grilled or pan-fried fish, veal cutlets with creamy sauces and cheeses, especially goat or hard cow milk cheeses.
points of distinction
- Over 42.5 acres of estate vineyards are among Pouilly-Fuissé's finest terroirs; 32.5 located in the Fuissé amphitheater and 10 near the Roche de Vergisson
- This area's clay and limestone soil is perfect for wines that are pure expressions of Chardonnay.
about the grape +
Though it has a distinctive profile, Chardonnay reflects other factors such as soil composition and vinification technique. Chardonnay is a reliable, hardy and prolific vine whose only real vulnerabilities are frost and uneven development of fruit.
– Audrey Braccini, Winemaker
“Wine is the most beautiful and noble form of expression.”
- quick view new Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Autour de la Roche
- quick view new Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Clos des Prouges
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Tête de Cru Le Clos
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Tête de Cru Les Perrières
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Les Ménétrières
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Tournant de Pouilly