Blue Cane Rhum Agricole
Château Depaz Estate is nestled in the charming coastline city of St. Pierre on the French Caribbean island of Martinique, and was established in 1651 by Martinique’s first governor, Jacques Duparquet. Depaz Rhum is an agricole rhum (agricultural rum), which refers to its seasonal production from each year’s crop of blue cane, rather than a year-round production from sugar byproducts such as molasses. Depaz is privileged to have received an Appellation d’Origine Contrôlée (AOC) designation, available only to Martinique rhum agricole, which ensures its strict adherence to precise standards of production.
Download Signature Cocktail Recipeview pdf »
Signature Cocktail: Depaz Midnight Mojito
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice (from 3–4 lime wedges)
- 8–10 fresh mint leaves
- 1 ounce Depaz Cane Syrup
- 1.5 ounces Depaz Blue Cane Amber Rhum
- Mint sprig for garnish
Combine all ingredients except garnish in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake vigorously. Strain contents into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a sprig of mint.
This light amber rhum reveals a multilayered bouquet that includes nutmeg, oak and the fresh, grassy flavors of cane juice. On the palate, the sweetness opens into floral flavors, along with spice, smoke and vanilla.
points of distinction
- Rhum agricole (rum made from fresh cane juice) is the highest-quality rhum available.
- Only 5% of rum produced qualifies as rhum agricole.
- Made exclusively from the world’s most coveted and costly cane: blue cane
- No artificial colorings or flavors, just natural cane juice
- Awarded AOC status for strict adherence to precise standards of excellence
Depaz Rhum Agricole has earned the coveted AOC (Appellation d’Origine Contrôlée) designation, a qualification earned through a strict adherence to precise standards of excellence in the field, distillery and storage facilities.