/ Douro Valley Porto
Grapes: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Barroca, Tinta Roriz, Tinto Cão, Tinta Amarela
The fruit for Croft Distinction is sourced in the traditional way, from the highest-quality individual growers in the Douro Valley, where the varying altitude and aspect of the vineyards creates the potential for a complex wine of great character. In the winery, the newly developed, robotic “Port Toes” technology for treading allows the winery to maximize the quality of the fruit by imitating the traditional action of human feet and avoiding damage to the bitter grape seeds. Fermentation is halted by the addition of grape spirits before all the residual sugar has been fermented, creating a sweet, fortified wine. This vintage-character Porto is blended from wines aged for three to four years in neutral oak barrels to achieve greater complexity than in younger wines.
Wine SpectatorN/A vintage
Ultimate Wine ChallengeN/A vintage
This deep ruby-colored wine offers ripe, jammy aromas of raisins and black plums leading to youthful black fruit flavors on the palate. The wine is sweet and full-bodied with medium tannins. Well structured and balanced, it has excellent length.
Can be enjoyed on its own after a meal, or paired with fruit-based desserts or a rich cheese plate. Made to be enjoyed immediately.
GRAPES: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Barroca, Tinta Roriz, Tinto Cão, Tinta Amarela
ACIDITY: 3.94 g/l
AGING: 3–4 years in neutral oak
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 97 g/l
points of distinction
- A vintage-character Porto blended from wines aged three to four years for greater complexity
- A sophisticated wine for after dinner, or paired with fruit desserts or cheeses
about the grape +
Touriga Nacional produces wine with finesse, body and warmth that is dark, concentrated, massively tannic and aromatic. It ages to show the complex aromas typically found in mature vintage port.
– Natasha Robertson Bridge, Chief Blender
“Croft is defined by an abundance of rich, plump fruit with a delicious exotic quality and a distinctive herbaceous, spicy character.”
- quick view new Croft 430th Anniversary Reserve Ruby
- quick view new Croft Reserve Ruby Porto
- quick view Croft Reserve Tawny Porto
- quick view Croft 10 Year Old Tawny Porto
- quick view Croft Fine Ruby
- quick view Croft Fine Tawny
- quick view Croft Classic Vintage Porto
- quick view Croft Quinta da Roêda Vintage Porto
- quick view Croft Croft PINK