Classic Vintage Porto
/ Douro Valley Porto
Quinta da Roêda forms the backbone of the Croft Vintage Porto, produced only in years when vineyard conditions are optimal and warrant a “declared vintage.” Wines from Quinta da Roêda are characteristically plump, full and vigorously fruity, with the hallmark aroma of the gum cistus bush—a character that informs the Croft house style. The grapes are trod by foot in granite lagares to minimize the release of harsh, bitter compounds from skins and seeds, and the wine spends two years aging in vat before bottling. Croft Vintage Porto will continue to develop in the bottle and may be cellared for decades before opening.
Wine Advocate2016 vintage
Wine & Spirits2016 vintage
Dense, concentrated black currant and cherry aromas are followed by full body and firm tannic structure on the palate. This wine will develop in the bottle for decades and should be decanted due to sediment in the bottle.
Pair with aged cheeses or desserts made with dark chocolate.
points of distinction
- A collectible, vintage Porto intended to mature in bottle after purchase
- One of few wines that pairs perfectly with chocolate desserts
about the grape +
Touriga Nacional produces wine with finesse, body and warmth that is dark, concentrated, massively tannic and aromatic. It ages to show the complex aromas typically found in mature vintage port.
– Natasha Robertson Bridge, Chief Blender
“Croft is defined by an abundance of rich, plump fruit with a delicious exotic quality and a distinctive herbaceous, spicy character.”
- quick view new Croft Quinta da Roêda Serikos
- quick view new Croft 430th Anniversary Reserve Ruby
- quick view new Croft Reserve Ruby Porto
- quick view Croft Reserve Tawny Porto
- quick view Croft Distinction Porto
- quick view Croft 10 Year Old Tawny Porto
- quick view Croft Fine Ruby
- quick view Croft Fine Tawny
- quick view Croft Quinta da Roêda Vintage Porto
- quick view Croft Croft PINK