10 Year Old Tawny Porto
/ Douro Valley Porto
Grapes: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Barroca, Tinta Roriz, Tinto Cão, Tinta Amarela
The fruit for Croft 10 Year Old Tawny Porto is sourced in the traditional way, from the highest-quality individual growers in the Douro Valley, where the varying altitude and aspect of the vineyards creates the potential for a complex wine of great character. In the winery, the newly developed, robotic “Port Toes” technology for treading allows the winery to maximize the quality of the fruit by mimicking the gentle action of human feet during traditional foot treading, which does not pulverize the skins or break the pips, avoiding the release of bitter tannins into the juice. Fermentation is halted by the addition of grape spirits before all the residual sugar has been fermented, creating a sweet, fortified wine. The 10 Year Old is a blend of wines, selected from Croft’s considerable stocks, that have been aged for an average of 10 years in neutral oak casks.
Wine SpectatorN/A vintage
Wine SpectatorN/A vintage
With an attractive, tawny color and amber rim, this wine shows full, complex aromas of mellow spices along with walnut, butterscotch and fine oak notes against a background of rich, jammy fruit. On the palate, the wine is silky and round, full of ripe fig flavors.
An excellent choice for the end of a meal or at the end of an evening, this wine can be served slightly chilled on its own or with walnuts or roasted almonds, or nut-based desserts. Made to be enjoyed immediately.
GRAPES: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Barroca, Tinta Roriz, Tinto Cão, Tinta Amarela
ACIDITY: 4.6 g/l
AGING: Average of 10 years in neutral oak
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 110.1 g/l
points of distinction
- Aged for an average of 10 years for greater complexity and the typical butterscotch, nutty character of tawny Portos
- Made to be enjoyed immediately, without further aging by the consumer
about the grape +
Touriga Nacional produces wine with finesse, body and warmth that is dark, concentrated, massively tannic and aromatic. It ages to show the complex aromas typically found in mature vintage port.
– Natasha Robertson Bridge, Chief Blender
“I love to work with the Croft wines. The quality from Quinta da Roêda is truly exceptional and the library of aged tawnies allows me to blend amazingly vibrant and complex aged tawnies.”
- quick view new Croft 430th Anniversary Reserve Ruby
- quick view new Croft Reserve Ruby Porto
- quick view Croft Reserve Tawny Porto
- quick view Croft Distinction Porto
- quick view Croft Fine Ruby
- quick view Croft Fine Tawny
- quick view Croft Classic Vintage Porto
- quick view Croft Quinta da Roêda Vintage Porto
- quick view Croft Croft PINK