Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent La Roche is a special cuvée from a parcel that covers 3.75 acres. The soil is very deep, with clay and manganese, and the vineyard has good exposure halfway up the hillside. After a portion of the grapes is destemmed, the wine is vinified in closed vats with pumping over. The wine is then matured in oak barrels for 10 months.
The wine has a deep garnet red color with bright tints, and forward aromas of violets, faded roses and black fruits. In the mouth, the wine’s vibrant acidity and elegant tannins help its overall character of depth and richness. Complex aromas help the wine’s long finish.
This wine will perfectly match red meats in sauce, game and most cheeses.
points of distinction
- Moulin-à-Vent is considered the region’s most Burgundian cru.
- A single-vineyard wine from a great Beaujolais cru
- The wine matures for 10 months in oak barrels, unusual for Beaujolais.
- Can be enjoyed immediately or cellared for 10 to 20 years
about the grape +
Gamay is loaded with bright, plump raspberry and cherry fruit, with notes of black pepper.
– Guillaume de Castelnau, Winemaker
“A good wine is a drink that tastes good; a great wine is alive.”
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Champ de Cour
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos des Thorins
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos du Grand Carquelin
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos de Rochegrès
- quick view Château des Jacques Morgon
- quick view Château des Jacques Morgon Roches Noires
- quick view Château des Jacques Morgon Côte du Py