Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos du Grand Carquelin is a special cuvée from a parcel that covers 12.5 acres. The light soil is composed of sand and a small amount of clay atop bedrock that contains a high percentage of manganese, which helps to impart deep color and mineral character to the wine. After a portion of the grapes is destemmed, the wine is vinified in closed vats with pumping over. The wine is then matured in oak barrels for 10 to 11 months.
With a deep cherry red color, the Clos du Grand Carquelin has profound and concentrated aromas of plush red fruits and spices that are dense and elegant. In the mouth, the full-bodied flavors are fleshy, chewy and generous and the wine’s noble tannins help to impart a balanced, harmonious and delicate character overall.
This wine will perfectly match red meats in sauce, game and most cheeses.
points of distinction
- Moulin-à-Vent is considered the region’s most Burgundian cru.
- A single-vineyard wine from a great Beaujolais cru
- The wine matures for 10 months in oak barrels, unusual for Beaujolais.
- Can be enjoyed immediately or cellared for 10 to 20 years
about the grape +
Gamay is loaded with bright, plump raspberry and cherry fruit, with notes of black pepper.
– Guillaume de Castelnau, Winemaker
“A good wine is a drink that tastes good; a great wine is alive.”
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Champ de Cour
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos des Thorins
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent La Roche
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos de Rochegrès
- quick view Château des Jacques Morgon
- quick view Château des Jacques Morgon Roches Noires
- quick view Château des Jacques Morgon Côte du Py