Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos des Thorins is a special cuvée from old vines that cover 10 acres. The soil of the Clos des Thorins is composed of sand and clay. After a portion of the grapes are destemmed, the wine is vinified in closed vats with pumping over. The wine is then matured in oak barrels for 6 months.
This is a full, robust Beaujolais, with a fleshy, almost fat texture and greater longevity than any other Cru of the Beaujolais. Clos des Thorins has a deep garnet-red color and dense aromas of baked red and black fruits. This wine is powerful, deep and has elegant, long-lasting tannins. The exceptional quality of its structure preserves the fruitiness even when aged.
This wine will perfectly match red meats in sauce, venison and other game and most cheeses.
points of distinction
- Moulin-a-Vent is considered the region's most Burgundian Cru
- A single vineyard wine from a great Beaujolais Cru
- The wine matures for 6 months in oak barrels, unusual for Beaujolais
- Can be enjoyed immediately or cellared for 10 to 20 years
about the grape +
Gamay is loaded with bright, plump raspberry and cherry fruit, with notes of black pepper.
– Cyril Chirouze, Winemaker
“A good wine is a drink that tastes good; a great wine is alive.”
- quick view new Château des Jacques Fleurie
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent La Roche
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos du Grand Carquelin
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos de Rochegrès
- quick view Château des Jacques Morgon
- quick view Château des Jacques Morgon Côte du Py