Grapes: 100% Gamay
Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos de Rochegrès is a special cuvée from old vines that cover 20 acres. The soil of the Clos de Rochegrès is typically granitic, fairly shallow and overlies an extremely hard bedrock. After a portion of the grapes is destemmed, the wine is vinified in closed vats with pumping over. The wine is then matured in oak barrels for 10 to 11 months.
Clos de Rochegrès has fine rose aromas and flavors with a touch of mineral. The wine is generous on the palate thanks to its elegant, long-lasting tannins.
This wine will perfectly match red meats in sauce, game and most cheeses.
GRAPES: 100% Gamay
points of distinction
- Moulin-à-Vent is considered the region’s most Burgundian cru.
- A single-vineyard wine from a great Beaujolais cru
- Can be enjoyed immediately or cellared for 10 years or more
about the grape +
Gamay is loaded with bright, plump raspberry and cherry fruit, with notes of black pepper.
– Cyril Chirouze, Winemaker
“A good wine is a drink that tastes good; a great wine is alive.”
- quick view new Château des Jacques Fleurie
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Champ de Cour
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos des Thorins
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent La Roche
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos du Grand Carquelin
- quick view Château des Jacques Morgon
- quick view Château des Jacques Morgon Côte du Py