Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Champ de Cour is a special cuvée from a parcel that covers 5 acres. The soil is very sandy and deep, with 6% to 7% of clay atop bedrock that contains a high percentage of manganese, which helps to impart deep color and mineral character to the wine. After a portion of the grapes is destemmed, the wine is vinified in closed vats with pumping over. The wine is then matured in oak barrels for 10 months.
Wine Enthusiast2011 vintage
With a deep cherry red color, the Champ de Cour has very expressive aromas of peony and spring flowers, plums and stone fruits. In the mouth, the wine has a velvety texture, with black fruit flavors and notes of smoke. The tannins are elegantly shaped, fine and long.
This wine will perfectly match red meats in sauce, game and most cheeses.
points of distinction
- Moulin-à-Vent is considered the region’s most Burgundian cru.
- A single-vineyard wine from a great Beaujolais cru
- The wine matures for 10 months in oak barrels, unusual for Beaujolais.
- Can be enjoyed immediately or cellared for 10 to 20 years
about the grape +
Gamay is loaded with bright, plump raspberry and cherry fruit, with notes of black pepper.
– Cyril Chirouze, Winemaker
“A good wine is a drink that tastes good; a great wine is alive.”
- quick view new Château des Jacques Fleurie
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos des Thorins
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent La Roche
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos du Grand Carquelin
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos de Rochegrès
- quick view Château des Jacques Morgon
- quick view Château des Jacques Morgon Côte du Py